Re-exploring Key West

Friday, October 17, 2014

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 17 - Empty Mansions

I love to read and my friend Carol Kira recommended the book Empty Mansions.   I've had really good luck with prior recommendations from her so I ordered the book for my Kindle Read.    It was wonderful.

Explore the world of heiress Huguette Clark from the No. 1 bestselling book Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clarkand the Spending of a Great American Fortune.

This is an intriging story of one of the richest families in America; how they made their money and how they spent and gave away their money.  

Huguette had a passion for lots of things; among them were dolls and dollhouses.   She  died in 2011 at 104.   The wealth she had absolutely amazed me; she gave hugh sums of money away.  

You can view her dolls and some of her dollhouses here:Fairy Tale Houses



These links will get your started.  
 
Happy reading!
 
See you tomorrow.


 
 

No comments: