Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

National Dollhoue Miniature Month - Day 7 - Memories.

 
Yesterday we got up to completed project 145.  Now that is a lot of projects.   I have to admit, they take up a lot of room.   I keep getting rid of other stuff and cozy-ing up my items to find room for everything.   As you know, I love my stuff.    It actually defines a lot about who I am and what I like.  
 
With that being said, one question I'm asked and asked rather frequently is rather depressing.   It goes something like this.   "when you die, what will happen to all this".   My flippant answer is "it won't be my problem".   True tho!!!!     My husband doesn't really have a clue as to what I spend on these items and since we still have a roof over our head and plenty (too much) food on the table, it probably doesn't matter.   My son has a better idea, but he doesn't live here.  
 
My mother lived just shy of 92 years; her mother was 95 and her other sisters late 80s - So I'm not planning on going anywhere in the immediate future.   However, I am realistic enough to know that generally as one ages, there are changes in their living arrangements.    Again, hopefully not immediately.    Whenver the time comes that I can't all my zillion of room boxes, I can at least take my memory books.
 
I have decided to keep my memories together.   I subscribe to Shutterfly and know there are many other 'memory book' companies out there including Walgreen's. 
 
So far I have completed books on my show at the community college, a book on 2009 and 2010, and another one on 2011.   My 2012 book is about ready to punch purchase on the screen.    When it is done, 2013 will be started.
 







 
Even with all these projects still in my possession, I love the books.   There are so many possibilities when creating them - I try to explore lots of them.     
 
I think this is a good way to keep track of any major hobby or collection.   You might want to make your own memory books.
 
If you have been following my blog, you will note there are two ads on either page.   By contract, I am not allowed to view them as I am paid (or will be) for those clicks.   It is certainly not making me rich, I've been doing it for about 6 months and so far I have earned about $35 and they don't pay until it reaches $100.   I'd like you to check them out (you don't have to buy a thing) and let me know what you think of them.   They are susposed to be related to items I discuss on the blog.   So far the captions appear that they are - let me know what you think. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

The grandmommy said...

I absolutely love the idea of making the books! People ask me why I am doing this now never mind what happens when I die. I have thought about it though. I have nine grands who really enjoy what seeing what I do. With the books some can get the houses, others can just get the book. How about a page talking about the project and anecdotes and then autographing them?
Also, I will click on your ads.
:-)

Marti Icenogle said...

Absolutely love this idea!! Thank you for sharing.