Re-exploring Key West

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 15 - Can we keep the girls out?

These are rooms that probably appeal to men more than women.   Remember as a child when the tree house says "no girls allowed" on the ladder.   I'm sure the guys that are here would like to display their own sign.   However, I doubt they could keep the girls out as you will see in these pictures.  In the reading room you can almost read the feelings of the guy that he wishes his significant other would leave so he could continue to read.   No such luck. 







Now here is a really masculine den - mounted fish and animal trophies, a dog, a chess board and lots of masculine items.   No girly stuff allowed. 







The following tavern is one of my favorite creations.   I made the guy at the front end of the bar.   He would prefer that everyone else was gone except, of course, the bartender.   Too many people for his taste, but that's the problem with a neighborhood bar - it contains the neighborhood. 



It's game day.   Later there will be lots of people to watch with him and help eat the food, but I think this guy looks quite happy all by himself (and of course, his dog).   As you might remember, this guy is actually a cake decoration for father's day.   Perfect scale and inspiration for this room. 




Even those these themes are primarily for the guys, I'm sure the women in their lives will feel very comfortable here. 

See you tomorrow.  

2 comments:

Corky's said...

Sheila- it's not because your my sister but your a creative detail-ist genius! Love your work- I recognized the recliner too! Good use for that little guy!

The grandmommy said...

Yay! I like a little masculinity in minis. I have planned myself. I hope mine comes out as well as yours!