Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Narional Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 14 - Antique Shops - Don't you just love them?

I love antique shops.   I always wondered why I didn't run one.   Maybe someday.   However for now I will just have to reside in my miniature shops.

Here is the first one I ever did.   Still love it.    It is one of those areas that when I find a new interesting piece, there is always room to add one more or so. 

 This lovely lady loves antique shops and her dog is getting to be quite an expert on shops too.  
 Oh good the customer has found a plate she wants.   It is being boxed up and I'm she has the perfect spot for it when she gets home. 

 My mom sold antiques for years.   She had her own shop for years and then she did 'mall shows' for years.   She always wanted to travel and it gave her great opportunities to see a lot of this country.   This little quarter scale shop is a tribute to her. 
 Lot of pictures, quilts, plates and in the front is a cabinet with TINY ceramic pieces.   It was a swap that I didn't think I would ever use, then this shop came along and I had the perfect place for the very tiny miniature ceramic pieces.   


 I love this shop because you can see thru the door and the front window.  I'm sure many people just drool over the contents. 
 
The Junk and Jewel Antique Shop is named after my other blog.   Take a look (www.junkandjewels.blogspot.com) But come back!!!
 
 One of the best tips I've ever had was on quarter scale, it is easier to furnish the building and THEN put the roof on.   I did this shop that way and it worked great!!!

I hope you have enjoyed the little antique foray.   I love these little shops and their much bigger real life shops. 

See you tomorrow I hope.  

If you have been following my blog, you will note there are two ads on either page.   By contract, I am not allowed to view them as I am paid (or will be) for those clicks.   It is certainly not making me rich, I've been doing it for about 6 months and so far I have earned about $35 and they don't pay until it reaches $100.   I'd like you to check them out (you don't have to buy a thing) and let me know what you think of them.   They are susposed to be related to items I discuss on the blog.   So far the captions appear that they are - let me know what you think. 
 

No comments: