Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 13- Tutorial for luggage in Quarter Scale

Things have changed a bit this year.   I am barely into finishing up my 3rd project this year and I have one incredibly sick Jack Russell.   He went within 10 days from trouble walking to not walking at all.   He has had 2 blood tests, an MRI and a spinal tap.   Still don't know what is causing it but 3 doctors are assuming an infection.   Hopefully we can clear that up.   So I can still post every day, I thought I would reprint some tutorials.   Hope you enjoy them.   When Benny is better, I will get back to finishing projects.  


Recently Quarter Connection Yahoo Group had a virtual convention and I showed pictures of the table mate gifts.   I made luggage.   I also made luggage for the tote gifts.   They are easy and make a great look in any number of places.   In the guest room, next to the car ready to be tucked in a trunk of a car.  
Here are the ones made for the totes:  You can't just make a suitcase, you need to make at least two.
 You will need wood in two sizes, stain pens (or paint), wire, wire cutters, glue and a way to cut the boards.  
 The grid below is quarter inch squares.   The little bag is about 18 inches long by 12 inches high.   The bigger bag is about 2 foot square. 
 Stain the boards and I use a micro marker in brown to make the straps on the bag.  
 Form the wire over something about the size you want to place the holes and add two holes in the top of each bag.   You don't need much of a hole and if you push too hard, you will crack the board.   You just want to have a place for the loop to rest in the wood.   Once you realize it will fit, glue it in.
 Well, you could use colored wire or you could use silver and then....
 Paint it brown or black with a marker.   I used black. 
 Well, where are you going with the packed luggage????    You can also add travel stickers (once you shrink them little itty bitty) if you want.  

Happy traveling.  

2 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

Another lovely tutorial. Thanks for sharing. Tiny suitcases will look nice in my 1/4" dollhouse (in a box).
Hugs, Drora

PILAR6373 said...

Muchas gracias por el tutorial,quedan perfectas!!!!
Besos.