Re-exploring Key West

Saturday, October 1, 2016

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 1 - Does your minatures look like this???


I have been doing miniatures for somewhat over 25 years.   Doing swaps for over 20 years.   I have tons of, and I mean oodles and gobs of miniatures.   They are so very hard to store and find when you need them.




At this point you are probably amazed that I can complete any miniature scene.    I have tried various methods of sorting and find that sometimes that doesn't always work.   

I work in two scales.   1/12 scale and 1/4 scale.    My first course of action was to separate the scales.   I found these neat little drawers at K-Mart.  My first step was to sort between scales.   This did a couple of things.   It got a lot of things out of drawers, off my desk, out of shoe boxes etc.


I have 4 drawers full - the first drawer is quarter scale KITS, the 2nd drawer is quarter scale completed projects, and the last two are 1/12 scale completed projects.  I rarely buy 1/12 Kits, so there is no drawer for that.






Lots of things off my desk and at least the first step has been taken.

Think about how you think of room boxes - are they by theme, by color, by period etc.   

Come back to tomorrow to see the next step..  

2 comments:

pulchinella's cellar said...

Yeah, that's how most miniaturists sort things! You are definitely not alone....
Marijke at Pulchinella's Cellar

Barb K said...

I feel right at home here. I spend as much time "organizing" as I do mini-ing!
Barb K