Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 25 - Ready for Christmas Eve

The problem with workshops is that generally there are several that I want to take at the same time.   A few years ago, I had signed up for one at Lakeland, Florida.   After I had signed up for one, I found another one I wanted to take.   I kept leaving one workshop and taking pictures of the next workshop to get an indication of what it took to get it done.   Pat Gazie is a great miniature artist and I took her project home and it sat on a shelf for quite some time.   When I got ready to make it, my pictures really weren't enough.  Pictures did help a little but most of it was trial and error and several phone calls to Pat.     Some of it I totally reworked and I am really happy with it.

Christmas eve has always been a great holiday.   Sometimes more celebrated than Christmas day.   I wanted this room to be elegant, comfortable and lots of interesting things to look at.    Let me know if you think I succeeded. 

It has a great couch, and chair.   There were to be several columns in the room and I apparently have NO knack for making columns and after fussing with them for what seemed like a very long time, I decided against making them.   Glad I did.   Gives a really good view of the tree and the corner when I have table and chair. 

The coffee table ifs full of yummy food to eat.  

I can just see the head of the household taking the seat next to the table.   Cheers!


I would generally have more than one item on the mantle, but I thought the Santa looked quite content being by himself.  

A little space for the kids to play.  





The scene is 1/12 scale and about 12 x 12 inches.   I have it covered with a plastic container that keeps all the dust from settling on the scene.

Brings back lots of happy memories.  



1 comment:

The grandmommy said...

very well put together! I especially like the head of household's corner.