I'm still working on my little kit that I started yesterday. The reason I am spending so much time on this process is to give followers an idea of the effort that goes into the process.
This is the kit that I am working on. Yesterday I went over the beginning stages of this kit. Lots of gluing and assembling.
Today I am working on contents. Yesterday I did the bird seed bags, there were 12 of those. Today I am doing bird houses. There were 9 houses that needed to be glued together. 18 pieces that needed to be glued. Let glue dry. Cut out graphics for 6 of the bird houses. Add front and sides, then back, then roof. 3 of the houses had to be painted. I'd rather do the graphics. Also painted and then stained 2 hay bales. You can see one on the red paint stick. I also assembled the bench and then stained it. They are very delicate and I find a stain pen works great.
Here are 5 of the bird houses with the graphics applied. These graphics are very small. I spent about 10 minutes crawling around the floor (now that's a scary scene) looking for the front graphic of a birdhouse. If it had been the back, I probably would have just painted it.
I really didn't like painting the 3 birdhouses, but they turned out really cute once done.
First, my apologies for the bad picture. There was a kit with 5 different birdhouses in the main kit. They all required you to apply 4 graphics to each birdhouse. Both sides, front and back. Then add a roof. Also very tiny. Look at the dime - bigger than 3 of the birdhouses together.
I spent about 2 hours painting, gluing and waiting for glue to dry. So far about 4 hours invested in kit.