I leaving the best until last. I built the rolling table for my dollhouse and I purposely wanted a place to store things. Well, it works but looks terrible. I have room for 3 rather large tubs that are waterproof (remember this dollhouse weathered Hurricane Wilma in 2005) and I don't have to rely on someone to help me lift this dollhouse as the rollers makes it pretty easy to move around.
The can sitting on the front is something I ran out of. It's air - yes air. It works on cleaning computers and does a wonderful job of cleaning dollhouses. The front of the house is rather nondescript and I plan on adding a few things to make it look more inviting for the big wedding event.
The following picture shows a wreath above the upstairs door onto the balcony. The bottom door has two lights added next to the door and a mailbox. I wanted to add a chair, but I apparently don't have anything that is the correct scale. I will keep looking.The drapery for the bottom is rather simple. I still have the storage but it doesn't distract from the dollhouse.
I love my dollhouse and although it has taken me a year to get to it even after promising last year during National Dollhouse Miniature Month, I am quite pleased with the house.
Now for things that I didn't do. I didn't repaper it. The wiring still worked and quite frankly I didn't want to ruin that and figured new paper would mess it up. I also like the look of a house that looks like it has been in the family for years and years.
I don't have enough men in the house. I have papa and he is the only one. Poor fellow!!!! I need at least a photographer and a couple of others. Will look for resin figures that will work.
As I said when I started posting about this project; I'm too emotionally involved with this dollhouse to think of not keeping it. Maybe it will survive another 25 years (hopefully I will too).