Re-exploring Key West

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 23 - The Front and the stand

I leaving the best until last.    I built  the rolling table for my dollhouse and I purposely wanted a place to store things.   Well, it works but looks terrible.    I have room for 3 rather large tubs that are waterproof (remember this dollhouse weathered Hurricane Wilma in 2005) and I don't have to rely on someone to help me lift this dollhouse as the rollers makes it pretty easy to move around.

The can sitting on the front is something I ran out of.   It's air - yes air.   It works on cleaning computers and does a wonderful job of cleaning dollhouses.      The front of the house is rather nondescript and I plan on adding a few things to make it look more inviting for the big wedding event.  

The following picture shows a wreath above the upstairs door onto the balcony.   The bottom door has two lights added next to the door and a mailbox.   I wanted to add a chair, but I apparently don't have anything that is the correct scale.   I will keep looking. 
 The drapery for the bottom is rather simple.   I still have the storage but it doesn't distract from the dollhouse.  

 
 
I love my dollhouse and although it has taken me a year to get to it even after promising last year during National Dollhouse Miniature Month, I am quite pleased with the house.  
 
Now for things that I didn't do.   I didn't repaper it.   The wiring still worked and quite frankly I didn't want to ruin that and figured new paper would mess it up.   I also like the look of a house that looks like it has been in the family for years and years.  
 
I don't have enough men in the house.    I have papa and he is the only one.   Poor fellow!!!!    I need at least a photographer and a couple of others.   Will look for resin figures that will work.
 
As I said when I started posting about this project; I'm too emotionally involved with this dollhouse to think of not keeping it.   Maybe it will survive another 25 years (hopefully I will too).  
 

2 comments:

The grandmommy said...

It is a very lovely house.The balcony and bay windows did it for me. I luv those. A little grass on your table will spruce it up otherwise it is very nice and I wish I had one like it.
See you in another 25 years!:-)

Fabiola said...

I like the structure of this house. You can add a garden.
Greetings, Faby