Re-exploring Key West

Saturday, October 19, 2013

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 19 - Master Bedroom


I was happy with the master bedroom, but it had been neglected too and it was time to change that.  I loved the pink color.   One of my favorite.
 
 
 
 
 Most of the things there have just been cleaned and rearranged.   The wardroom was put on the far wall and the hutch with stuffed animals placed on the side wall.   The bed is laid out with things that are needed for the wedding.   The aunt is just fascinated with the occasion and is there to assist the bride with anything she needs.  The niece is in awe of the whole occasion.   I want to say something about the wedding dress.   It is clearly one of the prettiest wedding dresses that I've ever seen.  I've had it nearly the whole time that I've had the doll house.   It was a very expensive purchase back in the early 80s.   It's a little yellowed and shows it age, but don't we all.   I paid $45 for it; worth the price.  
 The windows show added valances.   The round table was moved to the side of the bed with the bible and glasses on it. 

This is a resin hutch.   It is filled with stuffed bears and dolls and is all one piece.   I absolutely love it.  Don't hesitate at all to use favorite resin pieces.   It was a gift from my sister and I loved it then, and I love it now.  

 The other side view with the aunt.   A dress rack with lovely dresses on it.   A new table (shabby chic) added between the chairs.   Gifts and decorations by the front chair.  
 Papa could be in his office, but he is so fascinated that his baby is getting married, he can't concentrate.   He just paused on the stairs to be closer to the action.  
I'm very happy with the master bedroom.   It's a pleasure to look at again.  

3 comments:

The grandmommy said...

A lovely room for building memories in the lives of your dollies!

Fabiola said...

I really like the hutch filled with bears and dolls. A great collection.
Greetings, Faby

Marisa said...

I love the wedding dress and the hutch, it's a very pretty room :)