Re-exploring Key West

Sunday, October 23, 2011

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 23, More Crossovers


More examples of miniatures in mixed media art.   I found these lemons at a yard sale and knew something was going to happen to them other than just a fruit arrangement.     Here they are part of a scene for a party.   The sign - used on a shutter in 1 inch scale - says "when life hands you lemons - have a party".  




 Lemonade and Cookies. 
 The following piece was inspired by a sign on a houseboat on Houseboat Row when we arrived in Key West.   It says "chance to dance in France.".   Lots of dreams about that and it eventually worked it's way into a mixed media piece.   The little musician, the street lights are both 1/2 scale minis and the perfume tray is my homage to the French Perfume Industry.  


I'd love for you to visit my sister blog www.junkandjewels.blogspot.com    It's dedicated to the things I make.  

No comments: