Re-exploring Key West

Thursday, October 20, 2011

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 20 - Cross-over uses for miniatures!

Some of you know that I have a sister blog http://www.junkandjewels.blogspot.com/  and on that blog I feature some things that I make or modify. There are dolls, ceramics, altered art, assemblage art and just a few other hodgepodge items. However, some of these items reflect things that use miniatures in them. Many artists have started using miniatures in their pieces and I would be one of those.


This lovely lady is Super Mom.   She is made from found objects.   There is a collage of pictures in her heart showing those things that are important to her.   Along with those pictures you will find little miniatures.    This was done for a Mixed Media class at the Florida Keys Community College.  



 


Super Mom




Super Mom is a
Mom
Wife
Sister
Daughter
Employee
Chauffeur
Scrap Booker
Miss Manners
Photographer
Boo Boo Healer
Cook
Artist
Laundress
Miniaturist
Jewelry Maker
Ceramist
Lover
Gardener
Decorator
Reader
Tutor
Graduate
Financial Planner
Nutritionist
Travel Planner
Coach
Housekeeper
Neighbor
Sorority Sister
Church Member
Crime Watch Member

Super Mom is
Tired
Thrilled
Frazzled
Rewarded
In Love
Loved
Respected
Proud
Dreamer
Realist

Super Mom is

Happy with her Life

And

Her Life Makes her Happy!

1 comment:

FabShabbyRoses said...

I've enjoyed viewing your pictures during NDMM. But I must say I especially love this doll. I don't think it gets any more original than this. Awesome! Keep up the blog posts. I enjoy reading them!
Carolyn