Re-exploring Key West

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Art and Soul - Day 7 and last day in classes

Today I take two classes.   I am excited about the things I will learn and what I come away with.   But before that - last nights Vendor Night was spectacular.   The year I went to Virginia Beach - I wasn't there for Vendor Night but this is the 3rd year for Vendor Night in Portland and this was BY FAR the best.   Lots of vendors and lots of good things to entice me.   The chant in my brain was. REMEMBER YOU ARE FLYING HOME!!!!   Hard sometimes to remember so I had to temper the urge to buy things!!!!!  

The day class was Abstract Trees taught by Carol Nelson .   Here are some of her works:

 
 I totally love he color themes.  

Here's more:

 



Here's  how far I got with one project.   Two more still in the early phases and won't get finished until I get home.  
 
  

Amazing, I skipped dinner and went to the room to finish packing as much as possible.   Took about a 45 minute nap and that really helped with me getting to the Stencil Savey class.   It was taught by Eric Scott.   Former teacher who said he would rather teach and make art.   

 Eric showing us how to cut stencils.   I love stencils and have never cut one.   Can't say that anymore.
 
 I wanted to keep it simple.   How about rectangles.    Showing us how to do people and other items, including words we like or the alphabet. 

 The woman next to me has corgies! She did a stencil featuring her dog.   I love it.
 

As a throwback to two years ago when I took a class called collage your pet,  == the same woman did her corgie. In front of a map of England  and put a crown on her corgie.   Inspires me to do more collages

  It was so cute,

I'm off to home very early in the morning and I will be glad to get home. 

I hope you have enjoyed my posts and have found them informative or entertaining.    Probably won't post for a bit and get rested up from this trip.

Thanks for coming along for the ride with me.

Let me know what you thought.   

No comments: