Re-exploring Key West

Sunday, October 10, 2010

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 10 - ME Recipe Box












One of the best things that has happened to me this year is getting acquainted with a ministurist, Melody, who lives about 45 miles from me in Marathon, Florida. Not many miniaturists in the keys that I have found and finding some one who is so much fun, very talented, and very prolific in producing miniature is a real treasure. Thur NAME, I found out there are 4 miniaturists below Mile Marker 50 in the Keys. I'm one, of course, and I've found two others. The 4th one remains nameless at this point.
To make a very long story short enough for this blog, Melody has a ME Recipe box that I immediately fell in love with. I posted on a couple of miniature groups a brief description of the miniature box and was looking for who's box it was. It was identified as an offering by Suzanne & Andrew's miniatures. I contacted them and it had been discontinued for various reasons about 4 to 5 years ago. I reposted that it wasn't available and a few days later I heard from Betty Turmon who knew someone who had a kit that was willing to sell it. Made arrangemetns to purchase from Linca Melchior. I recontacted Suzanne of Suzanne & Andrews and asked about the variouse kits needed to finish the project. Several were available and on a couple that weren't available, Suzanne sent me instrutions and in a couple of cases parts, to make the missing items.
Thanks so much to Betty, Linda & Suzanne. Hats off to you ladies. I have my box and it is more or less like the original kit.
I just love it and it's another example of how nice miniaturist are.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

CA Verstraete said...

Great idea to see all the projects you've done. Love the ME room too.