Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Torso - and all that jewelry

Several years ago my friend Michele gave me a torso.  I looked at all sorts of things to do it and for several years the torso moved from an outside storage shed to my fence,   One day while browsing Etsy I found a torso covered with jewelry and buttons and other interesting items.   Well, that was an ah-ha moment and I wanted to do that.    I had a lot of old jewelry but not anywhere near enough.    One day when I was at a yard sale I bought a bunch of old jewelry.   That added to a long time of collecting old jewelry and I decided now was the time.    To get the torso covered you need to snip off ear ring backings and hooks on lapel pins and anything that would keep the item from setting solid on the torso.   

This project took tons more items than I imagined and took a lot more time than I imagined.    Worth the efforts.




I am oh so happy with the outcome.   I am sure it will be one of my favorite pieces for a very long time.     


No comments: