Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Re-exploring your town - October 2017 The Fire House Museum

One of our newer museums is dedicated to the fire fighting in Key West.   It is kinda off the beaten path, but coming along very nice.

My friend Margaret and I  really enjoyed visiting with the fire fighters who were working there to share their history.















These old fire trucks really had a lot of character.  







Margaret and I in front of a relatively new truck.

I would have never guessed what this long concrete thing was.  It was for washing the hoses they used. 

Hose washer from a different view.


Every town I have lived in has museums.   Key West for a 2x4 mile island has way more than most.   But you should take advantage of those in your neighborhood.  Gives a whole new outlook on where you live.

If you think you are missing some of my posts, please subscribe to the email notification and you will know when a new post is available.   

No comments: