Re-exploring Key West

Monday, March 26, 2018

How does a shirt become funky???

I wanted to make a funky shirt.   Bought two shirts - BOGO cheap and decided I would add a little paint to one of them.

I will be linking to Metamorphosis Monday at between naps on the porch.  






Wasn’t sure what I was going to do, but I wanted to keep it simple.   I decided to limit my colors to red, white and blue.   I also didn’t want it to look too planned out.     I also didn’t want it to go wandering all over the shirt.   Masking tape kept me on task.







To set fabric paint, you use heat.   This shirt was left out in the sun for a couple hours, run thru a dryer cycle and then pressed on the back side. 

Here’s the final result.  


A little blog on the collar, but I’m not going to worry about that now,


One sleeve and


Then the other sleeve.

Do I have enough funk?   Don’t know.   Will wear it a few times and if not, I can always add more.

I have been rather derelict recently on posting.    Will try to post everyday this week and get caught up.   If you don’t want to miss a post, please sign up for email notifications and you’ll know whenever a new post goes up on my blog.     See you there.

No comments: