Re-exploring Key West

Monday, September 28, 2015

Raggedy Ann Turns 100 - Retirement Plaques

I made a career decision when I was 60 and that was to retire early.   I wasn't sure I could make it work because I had a child still in college and I wanted him to get his degree without any student loans and I wanted my house paid off.    If you don't know, I have an MBA in Finance.   I thought I could do it, but thinking you can and doing it can be light years apart.   When here I am 9 years later and all is going well.   I have to admit that there were times when I thought I had made the worst mistake of my life.  

At my retirement party, I wasn't sure they all knew how fond I was of Raggedy Anns & Andys.   When I walked in, I saw these plaques.   One of me and one of my husband.   It was a fun party!!!!


 
Aren't we cute.   Sometimes I am overwhelmed with realizing I have been retired that long, but I absolutely love it.  
 
 

No comments: