Re-exploring Key West

Friday, August 3, 2018

Art Unraveled - Day 3 - Phoenix

Assemblage????   That’s the art of taking generally unrelated pieces and making something totally new from those pieces.   It can take the shape of about anything.  

I’ve done assemblage for years but really wanted to take a class from someone who makes a living teaching assemblage and selling their work.   

Work of Kristen Penrod - 
Isn’t she lovely.   I love her lips and her clothes and especially her hair!!!

She is really interesting but ready to go (she’s on wheels).

     

Love her work.    When I signed up for this class, I contacted Kristen to see if what I was thinking of making would work in her class.   I sent her pictures of what I was wanting to work with.

Here is one of the pictures that I sent her.

Here is what she looked like at the end of class.

She is actually unattached because she has to fly home on Monday and I’d hate to have her all broken to pieces.

Pieces in various state of completion from other class members.  

  

   

As you can tell, everyone had a different image.   Another fun day creating art!!!














.