Re-exploring Key West

Friday, July 8, 2011

Needlepoint - I love Needlepoint

I love needlepoint.   I don't like to do it, I just love it.   The cat and the iris were needlepoint panels that I bought at a thrift shop - 2nd Hand Sam's.    This shop is run to aid battered women.    Each panel was $4.00.   I couldn't buy the material to make them for that price.   I backed them with a dark blue fabric and packed them with filling that was leftover from a previous project.

The two large pillows were originally small needlepoint pillows purchased from a very cheap supplier of decorative accessories.   The needlepoint was very well done - the pillow Not So Much.   The backing just fell apart.   Hating to waste the needlepoint I took the pillow apart and made large pillow cover (18 Inch Pillow Form)   The fabric is a heavy duty twill.  

I have 4 needlepoint pillows for less than $50 (that includes the original price of the little pillows).     Generally you would pay double that for one.  
Thanks to whomever did all the real work of doing the needlepoint.  

I'll be linking to Susan's Metamorphosis Monday at http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

If you'd like to attend an on-line yard sale, check my sister blog www.junkandjewelsyardsale.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Those are very nice! I love needlepoint too.